Thursday, October 29, 2009

socks 2009 10 29


socks 2009 10 29
Originally uploaded by idlehands1969

Here's the first picture from my socks... toes are done, working across foot.
I'm using Walk Away yarn by Yarn Bee from Hobby Lobby. When I find the wrapper I will list the colorway as well. I am using a size 3 (3.25 mm) 29" circular needle and the Two at a Time, Toe Up Magic Loop Socks pattern from KnitPicks.
The directions are pretty easy to follow, although I had to pull up some video tutorials on the web to make sense of some of it. I haven't knit in many years, after all.
I used a different cast on than called for because I found it easier. Also, for the second side of the round it says to pick up and knit from the purl bumps. I had a heck of a time until I got out a skinny crochet hook and picked up the stitches with that, then slipped them onto my needle. Worked great! XD

"Remember, it is better to love than to be right."

No comments:

Post a Comment